Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Juicing Celery


By: Heidi Finger

Celery was on sale at the grocery store, so guess what? I bought a "bunch". Ok, well more than one bunch. I bought several. You have to jump on the deals when you can. But, I know what your saying, celery gets caught in my teeth, the kids won't eat it, I hate those strings. If you have a problem, solve a problem. Time to juice it!

Celery has so many health benefits. It is an important source of vitamin K, folate, potassium, manganese, vitamin C, beta-carotene, phenolic acids, flavones, flavonels, and much more. Celery helps to improve your stomach lining and decrease the risk of stomach/gastric ulcers. It can also act as a diuretic, prevent inflammation, and decrease risk of cardiovascular disease.

This celery juice I made is straight up celery, nothing else. It took me about 1 and a half bunches of celery for 2 cups of juice. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Celery is my favorite! All have to try this idea for it :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How you do with the sugar or is just vegetable only???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The natural sugars in fruit and vegetables don't bother me or my kids. When they get refined sugars like white sugar, syrup, or brown sugar I get dizzy/jittery and the kids get hyperactive because we aren't used to it.

      Delete
  3. Jump on those deals! Hehe, I can drink celery juice, but eating it is a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea celery had so many benefits! I think celery juice sounds pretty refreshing!

    ReplyDelete