Thursday, April 6, 2017

Watermelon Cooler

By: Heidi Finger

When its a warm sunny day, I like to soak in some sun while sipping on a cool drink. It is in the mid-70's here today and sunny. I am so getting excited about wearing shorts and tank tops but not quite warm enough for that yet. It needs to be at least in the 80's for me to be comfortable sporting my summer apparel. Today I whipped up a perfect summer treat, a watermelon cooler. Try it and I know you will be begging for shorts weather.

Watermelon is mostly water but it is also packed with nutrients. It is a good source of vitamin C, A, and B6. But don't forget about the antioxidants, potassium, and dietary fiber.

Mint is also a very good source for vitamin A, C, potassium and dietary fiber. It is also a source for calcium, iron, and magnesium.

So, while you are sipping away on this cool, sweet drink you can feel good about the nutrients going into your body.

Watermelon Cooler
Vegan and Gluten Free
Make 1 serving

Ingredients:
2 cups cubed fresh watermelon
5-7 ice cubes
8 mint leaves
1/2 cold water

Directions:
Put all ingredients in blender. Mix until smooth. Drink up!

No comments:

Post a Comment