Friday, March 31, 2017

Cinnamon Banana Berry Smoothie

By: Heidi Finger

With our abundance of strawberries, I decided it was time to whip up a fruit smoothie. In this smoothie I added cinnamon because I love the flavor with fruit. Cinnamon has multiple health benefits according to an article on Health.com. It can help lower triglycerides, increase blood antioxidant levels, help regulate blood sugar, enhance cognitive processing, and even improve motor functions in Parkinson’s (Cynthia Sass, 2014). Here is the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Cinnamon Banana Berry Smoothie
Vegan and Gluten Free
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:
4 fresh or frozen strawberries
1 fresh or frozen banana
¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup water, more or less depending on your desired thickness

Directions:
Add all ingredients into blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!



References

Cynthia Sass, M. R. (2014, November 21). 5 Reasons to Love Cinnamon. Retrieved from Health.com: http://www.health.com/nutrition/health-benefits-of-cinnamon


2 comments:

  1. super yummy and healthy, I can't wait to try it ;) Do you make some smoothies with ginger as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gretka, I usually add ginger to my juices, sometimes my smoothies. Love that extra pop of flavor in there!

      Delete