Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Raw Protein Trail Mix

By: Heidi Finger

Vegans frequently get asked if they are getting enough protein or how do they get protein. Protein is in some many foods other than meat. The easiest way for me to consume protein is from nuts and legumes. I like to frequent the bulk bins at the grocery store. Whenever any of the raw nuts go on sale I buy a pound. 


I was looking for a quick lunch that would fill me up. Also, there is more than the daily recommended value of protein in the final product. This trail mix is good for carrying in your purse as an on the go snack. I like to pair it with some fruit or eating avocado directly out of the skins.
 
Raw Protein Trail Mix
Vegan and Gluten Free
Makes 1-2 servings

Ingredients:
¼ cup raw cashews
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
¼ cup raw almonds
¼ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
1 small box of raisins

Directions:

Throw all the ingredients in to a bag or bowl and mix. Gobble up immediately or store covered for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment